Real-estate agent social media is something that can bring tremendous exposure to your business. Everything from just general brand awareness to lead generation. Social media is no longer a “guerrilla” marketing tactic, but a way that many agents rely on to create business. This guide is going to show you step-by-step how to do social media in a way that produces business and really makes me money.
Who doesn’t love a quick, actionable tip or piece of advice?
Don’t forget to include a photo that will catch the reader’s eye and entice them to read, like, comment or share your tip.
- Efficient – Share a tip that will help your audience be more efficient.
- Save Money – Share a tip that will help your audience save money.
- Solve a Problem – Share a tip that will help your audience solve a problem.
Now lets dive in,
PHOTOS & VIDEOS ENGAGE
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that photos and videos increase engagement on social media.
Here are ideas to get you thinking outside the box.
- Inspirational Quote – Remember to select a quote that your audience will find inspiring and relates to your niche. Ex. “Wednesday Wisdom”
- Funny Meme or GIF – Try to find something that relates to your audience’s everyday problems.
- Short video tip – Overcome your fears of perfection and turn one of your quick tips into a short video. Take it one step further and do a Facebook live video! Download your video and repurpose it for your other social channels.
- Go behind the scenes –Share a photo or video of you at work. This could be in your office, open house, or special event.
- Sneak peak – Give your audience a sneak peek at what you’re working on. Get them excited for what’s to come!
BE THE EXPERT
- Industry article – Share an article related to your niche topic or industry.
- Fun fact – Share a fun fact about your industry or niche. This could be a quote from a great article. Be sure to include the link!
- Infographic – Share in infograhic with helpful tips or information for your audience. Who doesn’t love a good infographic? Ex. Market Update
- Promote a national weekly holiday – https://nationaldaycalendar.com/
- Find a trending hashtag – Remember the white and gold or blue and black dress debacle? Be creative and take advantage of trending topics and hashtags to grow your audience.
HASHTAG IT UP
There are thousands of popular hashtags you can use to increase the visibility of your posts. In fact, every single post you make on Twitter and Instagram should include at least one hashtag.
- #MondayBlues – Got a case of the Mondays? Share an update using #MondayBlues.
- #MotivationMonday – Post a motivational quote or story.
- #TransformationTuesday – Post a flip house, before and after landscaping, etc
- #WisdomWednesday – Share the best advice you’ve received.- These go out every Wednesday on our own social media
- #ThrowBackThursday or #TBT – post an old photo. This could be #TBT to my sellers signing their contract, they’re moving in this weekend!
- #ThankfulThursday – Share something you’re thankful for.
- #FollowFriday or #FF – Share a profile of someone your audience should follow, this could be other real estate agents that inspire you.
- #TGIF – Share a photo of you relaxing and starting off the weekend.
- #ShopSmall – Share a small or local business you love.
- #SaturdaySelfie – Post a selfie of you enjoying your Saturday at your open house.
- #SundayBrunch – Post a photo of you enjoying brunch.
No, I’m not suggesting you play Oprah and give away a car to all of your followers, although that would be pretty kick-ass! I’m suggesting you give away your “secrets” to your audience.
- Favorite tool – Is there a tool or resource you can’t live without to do your job or run your business? Share it with your audience!
- Favorite book – What’s your favorite book related to your niche? Share a few takeaways or lessons you learned.
- Weekly roundup – Create a quick post of the best articles you read this week. Make sure they’re specific to your niche and then share the post on social media – driving them to your website!
- Favorite social profile – Who inspires and motivates you? Who do you learn from? Chances are your audience will love them as well. Share your favorite blogger, influencer or social profile.
- Recommendation – Share a product or service that will help your audience save time or money.
If you’re not promoting yourself then why are you bothering with social media?
- Share popular content – Take a look at the analytics from your website and social channels to identify your most popular content. Then, share it again! Chances are a large percent of your audience have never seen it.
- Free printable – Share a worksheet, checklist, cheat sheet or other printable your audience can download for free from your website.
- Share a testimonial – Share a quote, case study or video from a satisfied customer. Give your audience some social proof to what you’re trying to sell.
- Create a newsletter – Let your audience know what special information or goodies your newsletter subscribers get and encourage your audience to subscribe.
- Promote your other social channels – Hopefully, you’re not sharing the exact same thing on all your social channels. If that’s the case, let your audience know what new gems they’ll discover by connecting with you on your other channels.
Now it’s time to get posting and grow your tribe! If you’re feeling discouraged at the rate your social media audiences are growing check out CENTURY 21 Arizona Foothills’ posts and use the content supplied to you!