Father’s Day is a great day to celebrate and lift up all the fathers in our lives. This year for Father’s Day we are making a Homemade Picture Frame to gift all our wonderful fathers.
- Shadow Box Frame
- Photograph of Daddy and Daughter (you can print one out at home if you have a color printer, or it is very inexpensive to send it to Costco or Wal-Mart to print)
- Scrabble Pieces
- Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
Step 1: Open your shadow box frame and lay out your photo and scrabble pieces in your desired locations.
Step 2: Pin your photo in place in all 4 corners (make sure the pins that you use are short enough to stand up straight, without hitting the glass).
Step 3: Use your Hot Glue Gun to Glue your scrabble pieces in place. I left about a 1/4 inch space between each letter, and away from the photo.
Step 4: Put your Daddy Daughter Frame back together! DONE!
So Ideas to make this frame your own!!! Such as using this idea for a father son project…
If you have a son whose name starts with a D, You could create…
- Daddy Duggie
- Daddy Drue
- Daddy Dexter
Or if you have a girl with a D name:
- Daddy Daisy
- Daddy Diamond
- Daddy Diva
Or you could use the word Father:
- Father Daughter (sharing the R at the end of their names)
- Father Fred
- Father Fiona
You could use a letter close to the first or last letter: (sharing the “A”)
- Daddy Abbie
- Daddy Adam
- Daddy David (sharing the “a”)
- Daddy Lana (sharing the “a”)
It just came to me, if any of your children’s names end in a “Y”:
- Daddy Ivy!!!!!
- Daddy Jimmy
- Daddy Abby
- Daddy Lily
Or some other phrase completely different:
- Super Dad / Super Kid
- My Dad / My Hero
- Daddykins / Ivykins (just add a “kins” to the end of Daddy and the child’s name and link up the last letter “S”)
- Rad Dad / Rad Kid